DxD is thrilled to announce that Dorothy (Dee) Dunn, a creative leader and catalyst, cultural producer, and educator has joined the coalition’s Advisory Council.
Working with the Smithsonian Institution, The Getty Center, The Carnegie Corporation of New York, Robert Rauschenberg Foundation, Buckminster Fuller Institute, the Philip Johnson Glass House, and AIGA, among others, Dee is recognized for launching organizations, cross-disciplinary programs, community engagement, strategic partnerships, and products that promote creative engagement and stimulate positive leadership and action.
Dee currently is:
Her previous positions include:
- Interim Co-Executive Director, Open House New York (OHNY)
- Director of America: Now and Here, a pioneering venture to position art (including visual art, poetry, film, music and theater) as a catalyst for civil dialogue in communities across the country.
- Director of Visitor Experience at the Philip Johnson Glass House where she produced Glass House Conversations, a series of leadership retreats which were documented and expanded through an interactive web site.
- Director of Education at Cooper-Hewitt Smithsonian Design Museum, where her innovations earned her the inaugural Smithsonian Education Achievement Award, 2004, recognizing her leadership building the Museum’s educational vision.
- Director of Programs at AIGA, the professional association for design, where she repositioned the International Design Conference at Aspen.